Dynasylan® enhances the properties of compounds significantly
- Increase in the thermal dimensional stability of polyethylene which results in adequate strength at elevated temperatures
- High filler-loading levels in halogen-free flame retardant (HFFR) compounds with good melt processability
and improved physical properties
- Superior wet electrical properties in white-filled rubber
For wire & cable moisture-cured XLPE and mineral filled polyolefins or rubbers are used. For these applications as well as for moisture-cured PEX-b pipes silanes are needed as
- Adhesion promoters and coupling agent for highly filled compounds
- Grafting & crosslinking additives for grafted polyethylene (PEg) resulting in PEX pipes or XLPE cables
Vinylsilanes are used for grafting onto a polyethylene (PE) chain. This grafted PE (PEg) will be crosslinked in the presence of moisture and a catalyst to form XLPE and PEX compounds for the wire & cable and pipe industry.
Another approach is the use of vinylsilanes as a functional co-monomer in a co-polymerisation process together with ethylene and other olefins.