Thermosetting filler systems prepared from e. g. unsaturated polyester (UP), methylmethacrylate (MMA), vinylester, epoxy (EP), phenolic, furan resins are used in many application fields.
- Electrical structural materials
- Sanitary ware
- Thermosetting resin concrete
- Resin mortar
- Resin-coatings for construction materials
- Engine building
- Coatings for floors or industrial plants
- Dental mass, etc.
Organofunctional silanes are necessary to achieve the high performance requirements of these modern composite materials.
MODERN THERMOSETS FILLER SYSTEMS REQUIRE
- Enhanced mechanical properties
- Improved filler dispersion
- Better wetting of the filler surface
- Improved hydrophobicity
- Improved UV resistance